In an Emergency
- Do not panic. Think laterally. Talk your way out of the situation.
- Do not resist unless you are absolutely sure it will lead to your escape.
- If your instincts are to physically resist, do not hold back.
- If circumstances dictate that you must not resist, concentrate on noting a physical description of your attacker.
- In a robbery or hijacking, do as you are told. Do not argue or challenge your attacker and avoid eye contact.
- Keep your hands still and visible. If you need to undo your seat belt, ask first.
- Always remember you can replace your possessions but not your life.